The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Ward Clerk acts as clerk/receptionist for the unit, to assure comfort, safety, and service to patients by creating a vital link in the communication with nursing personnel, intra-departmental services and outside hospital services. The Ward Clerk adheres to all policies and procedures and works within her/his scope of practice.
Status: Temporary, Part-time
Shift: Days, weekends
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: $23.76 – $24.60 per hour (as per CUPE Collective Agreement)
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of Medical Terminology course
- Related experience an asset
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word)
- Ability to learn and operate Hospital specific software applications (Meditech)
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited direct supervision as well as collaboratively within a team
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information
- Up to date immunizations required, including COVID-19 vaccinations.