Effective December 1, 2021, the following visitor restrictions will be in effect at the WNGH:
- Visitors, caregivers and care partners will be required to show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and identification to enter into the WNGH.
- This restriction applies to all hospital visitors, caregivers and care partners in our inpatient and outpatient services/programs.
- Full vaccination means fourteen (14) days after receiving the second dose of a two-dose series of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
- Proof of vaccination can be downloaded from Ontario.ca/proofofvaccination.
- Visitors, caregivers and care partners will need to pass an on-site screening for symptoms and follow public health measures.
- Limited exceptions will apply to individuals who provide documentation of a provincially recognized medical exemption from a physician.
- Limited exemptions will apply to visitors of specific patient populations including children and youth under 16 and those with intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Limited exceptions will also apply during imminent end-of-life situations, critical illness and extenuating circumstances.
- The WNGH will not accept proof of a negative PCR or rapid antigen test in place of proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
- The WNGH LTC unit is excluded from this policy and is governed under guidance and directives for Long-Term Care homes.
PATIENTS DO NOT HAVE TO PROVIDE PROOF OF VACCINE STATUS TO RECEIVE CARE AT WNGH.