The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Service Attendant performs a variety of duties that contribute to maintaining neat, orderly and sanitary conditions throughout the Hospital. The role of the Service Attendant is critical to ensuring the hospital environment remains safe and he/she works in compliance with all policies and procedures.
Status: Temporary, Part-time
Department: Environmental Services
Shift: Days, evenings, weekends
Salary: $22.66 – 23.54 per hour (as per CUPE Collective Agreement)
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Environmental Services Course for Front Line Staff is a requirement
- Related experience an asset
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited direct supervision as well as collaboratively within a team
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information