The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Registered Practical Nurse provides quality nursing care to patients/residents, and is an integral part of the health care team. Responsible for all aspects of patient care taking into consideration the individual’s care requirements. The Registered Practical Nurse adheres to all policies and procedures and works within her/his scope of practice.
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Practical Nursing Diploma with Medication Administration
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS Certificate required
- IV Therapy
- 3 -5 years of experience in an Emergency Department or 3-5 years acute care experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload efficiently
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team Computer proficiency is an asset