The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists.
The Personal Support Worker functions as a valuable member of the health care team, assisting with the assessment of the patient/resident needs, the planning of care, and the implementation and evaluation of the nursing care plan. The Personal Support Worker adheres to all policies and procedures and works within her/his scope of practice.
Status: Permanent, Part-time x 2
Shift: Days, evenings, nights, weekends
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: $22.66 – $23.54 per hour (as per CUPE Collective Agreement)
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Current BCLS Certificate required
- Related experience is an asset
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word)
- Up to date immunizations required, including COVID-19.