The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
As a valued member of the allied health team at WNGH, the Physiotherapist will provide specialized hands-on clinical skills to assess, diagnose, and treat illness, injury, or disability symptoms. Working in accordance with current hospital policies and procedures, the Physiotherapist will play a significant role in the treatment of injury and disease.
Status: PERMANENT, FULL-TIME
Department: DIAGNOSTIC & THERAPEUTIC SERVICES
Shift: Monday to Friday day shifts (hours are subject to change)
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: $34.77 – $48.20 as per OPSEU Collective Agreement
This position offers an attractive benefit insurance plan, as well as membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Registered Physiotherapist (Bsc. PT)
- Current registration with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- Related experience an asset
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Demonstrated commitment to the health and safety of patients, fellow workers, volunteers, students and visitors
- Up to date immunizations required