The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
- Responsible and accountable for the direction of pharmacy services and works in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Oversees the clinical aspects of the pharmacy ensuring efficient and effective processes are in place
- Ensures all pharmaceutical duties are performed in an efficient manner
- Provides on-going education to staff on pharmaceutical issues
- Communicates new legislation/recalls to appropriate staff
- Ensures departmental policies meet the requirements of NAPRA /BCE/ OCP standards
- Performs drug utilization and narcotic audits
- Develops/reviews patient order set/medication with team
Job Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary Range: As per non-union 5-step salary range, commensurate with qualifications and experience
This position offers an attractive benefit insurance plan, as well as membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Bachelor of Science (Pharmacy)
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in an acute health care facility an asset
- Proficient in the use of various computer software programs
- Bilingualism an asset