The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Payroll/Finance Clerk performs a broad range of accounting activities, analysis, budgeting, and reporting to support the operations of the Hospital. This position is also responsible for the processing and administration of the payroll functions.
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Shift: Days (37.5 hours per week)
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) is an asset
Salary: $28.24 – $29.67 per hours.
This position offers an attractive benefit insurance plan, as well as membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related field
- Professional Accounting designation or working towards designation an asset
- Three (3) years of progressive experience in accounting/finance
- Payroll certification or willingness to obtain within two (2) years
- Payroll experience an asset
- Experience working in a healthcare environment an asset
- Advanced computer proficiency (Microsoft Office applications) required
- Understanding of MoHLTC reporting system an asset
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated superior problem solving, data interpretation, and decision-making skills
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to work in a team setting
- Up to date immunizations required