Our New Visiting Hours
- The West Nipissing General Hospital shall permit visiting of patients twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No more than 2 visitors will be permitted at any one time in a patient’s room, except for compassionate reasons.
- Larger groups of visitors will be directed to use the patient lounges or coffee shop.
- The nursing staff shall notify visitors when the condition of the patient warrants minimal visitors and/or minimized visiting hours.
- The nursing staff shall assist in preventing unusual disturbances with patients or in patient’s room
- At the discretion of the nurse/physician, visitors may accompany a patient in the Emergency Department.
- Visitors remaining overnight for compassionate reasons should inform the nursing staff.
- Visitors are asked to present themselves in Registration to request the patients room number.
We ask that you do not visit if you are not feeling well; if you are experiencing a fever, cold or flu-like symptoms, diarrhea or vomiting.