WEST NIPISSING GENERAL HOSPITAL PATIENT DECLARATION OF VALUES 2011-2012
As someone accessing services at the West Nipissing General Hospital, I expect:
- To be acknowledged as a unique person.
- To receive quality care in the language of my choice.
- To be treated with respect, compassion, integrity and dignity.
- To receive information to allow me, or my substitute decision maker (SDM), to make an informed decision regarding treatment.
- To participate in the decision process regarding my plan of care.
- To have access to my personal health information.
- To ensure my personal health information is kept confidential as per legislative requirement.
- To be provided with the means to express concerns and receive feedback in a positive environment.
- To ensure accessibility measures are in place.
- To be informed of any additional cost incurred during my stay/visit.
- To be respectful of hospital property and staff and observe Hospital rules and regulations.
Developed during Community Engagement sessions in West Nipissing – 2011.