To continue to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission and protect our most vulnerable people, WNGH visitor restrictions remain in place. All visitors will be actively screened upon entering the hospital. Visitors who do not pass the screening will not be permitted in the hospital. There will be zero tolerance for visitors who become disruptive and abusive to staff.
*Please be advised that WNGH is currently restricting visitors from Stage 2 regions (York, Peel, Toronto and Ottawa). This is prudent to protect our patients and staff and to stop the spread of COVID-19. We recognize how difficult this is for our patients and residents, but we need to err on the side of caution to keep patients, residents and staff safe.*
In order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients, residents and visitors, we have reinstated strict visiting hours for our patient care units. Visiting hours are as follows:
- Nursing Care Unit (unless for end of life reasons):
- 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Complex Continuing Care Unit:
- 9:15 AM to 7:00 PM
- Long-Term Care Unit:
- 9:15 AM to 7:00 PM
*Visits for patients and residents in the Complex Continuing Care and Long-Term Care Units are to be pre-scheduled.*
The following guidelines are in place for visiting:
- One (1) dedicated visitor or one (1) alternate visitor will be permitted for acute care patients per day.
- No more than one (1) visitor will be permitted at any one time in a patient’s room, with the exception of end of life/compassionate grounds.
- For end of life patients, five (5) visitors will be permitted to visit, however only two (2) visitors at a time. The visitors will need to alternate to ensure no more than two (2) visitors are in the patient’s room at any given time.
- Visitors will not be permitted to circulate/wander in the hospital.
- Visitors will not be permitted to visit patients in isolation.
- All visitors must follow public health measures, including proper hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, physical distancing, and masking.
- Visitors must bring and wear their own face covering.