The West Nipissing General Hospital (WNGH) is a small rural 99 bed hospital located on the shore of Lake Nipissing, 45 KM west of North Bay and 100 KM east of Sudbury. As a fully accredited hospital, we operate a 24/7 ED, provide both outpatient and inpatient services as well as a 48 bed Interim Long Term Care Unit and a Mental Health & Substance Abuse program.
We are currently seeking an Occupational Health & Safety and Infection Prevention & Control Manager reporting to the President & CEO.
Job Status: Permanent Full Time
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $76,708.09 – $92,093.82
This position offers an attractive benefit insurance plan, as well as membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
- Responsible and accountable for the results and activities of the organization’s , Occupational Health Services and Infection Prevention and Control Program
- Managing the day-to-day operation of these services, promoting and developing health and safety initiatives, providing comprehensive health services to employees, attendance and disability management, WSIB Claims Management
- Co-Chair of the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Providing expert knowledge and direction in Infection, Prevention and Control related issues
- BScN degree or equivalent
- Good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Diploma or certification in Occupational Health & Safety and/or Certification in Occupational Health Nursing
- Certification from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology – Infection Control (CIC) or willingness to obtain within 5 years is required
- Joint Occupational Health & Safety Certification or willingness to obtain is required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in an acute health care facility
- Knowledge of occupational health principles and applicable legislation (OHSA, WSIA, Human Rights, Privacy)
- Knowledge and application of current Communicable Disease Surveillance Protocols and Public Health Act
- Experience with disability claims management transitional return to work programs an asset
- Experience in health promotion and wellness programs an asset
- Proficient in the use of various computer software programs
- Bilingualism an asset