The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Medical Radiology Technologist performs various diagnostic tests by operating various radiographic and computerized remote control digital imaging systems and the mobile portable unit which contributes to the diagnosis and treatment of disease. The Medical Radiology Technologist works in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Status: Temporary, Casual
Shift: Days, evenings, weekends, on-call
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: $32.99 – $44.22 as per OPSEU Collective Agreement
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Member in good standing with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario
- Medical Radiology Technologist Diploma
- Completion of CT Imagining 1, 2 & 3 and/or CTIC certification an asset
- Certified in contrast injection an asset
- Related experience an asset
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited direct supervision as well as collaboratively within a team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word)
- Ability to learn and operate Hospital specific computer software applications