The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with 99 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists.
The Laboratory Technologist performs a variety of technical laboratory duties that assist in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Laboratory Technologists works in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Job Status: Permanent, Part-Time
Shift: Days, evenings, weekends, on-call
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary Range: $32.99 – $44.22 as per OPSEU Collective Agreement
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Member in good standing with C.M.L.T.O.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist Diploma
- Related experience an asset
- Computer proficiency is a requirement
- Ability to learn and operate Hospital specific software applications (i.e. Meditech)
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision in all laboratory sectors
- Proven ability to work in a team setting