The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Mental Health Therapist provides clinical mental health counselling and treatment services to individuals age 16 and over and works in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Status: Temporary, Full-Time
Department: Alliance Centre
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: $39.31 to $50.09 as per OPSEU Collective Agreement
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Masters degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field
- Registered Social Worker in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and
- Social Service Workers
- Registered Psychotherapist in good standing with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- 3-5 years’ experience in clinical mental health counselling and treatment services an asset
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team and with community resources
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of a computer and MS Office applications