The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
We are currently seeking an Occupational Health & Safety and Infection Prevention & Control Manager reporting to the President & CEO
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $88,516.37 – $93,020.00
This position offers an attractive benefit insurance plan, as well as membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
- Responsible and accountable for the results and activities of the organization’s Occupational Health Services and Infection, Prevention and Control Program.
- Managing the day-to-day operation of these services, promoting and developing health and safety initiatives, providing comprehensive health services to employees, attendance and disability management and WSIB Claims Management
- Co-Chair of the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Providing expert knowledge and direction on Infection, Prevention and Control related issues
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- BScN degree or equivalent
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Diploma or certification in Occupational Health & Safety and/or Certification in Occupational Health Nursing
- Certification from the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology – Infection Control (CIC) or willingness to obtain within 5 years is required
- Joint Occupational Health & Safety Certification or willingness to obtain is required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support certification
- Two (2) years of recent related experience in an acute health care facility
- Knowledge of occupational health principles and applicable legislation (OHSA, WSIA, Human Rights, Privacy)
- Knowledge and application of current Communicable Disease Surveillance Protocols and Public Health Act
- Experience with disability claims management transitional return to work programs an asset
- Experience in health promotion and wellness programs an asset
- Proficient in the use of various computer software programs
- Bilingualism an asset