The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Health Records Technician (HRT) participates in the submission of accurate and up-to-date data taken from the patient records through coding and abstracting, which contributes to a complete and accurate patient chart as well as provides transcription services ensuring quality documentation for patient records. The HRT works in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Job Status: Permanent Full Time
Shift: Days (hours of work are subject to change)
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary Range: $27.23 – $28.46 as per CUPE Collective Agreement
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) year college program – Health Information Management
- Related experience an asset
- Advanced computer proficiency is a requirement
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team