The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Hospital Screener will be responsible for greeting all patients presenting to the Hospital and screening them for any potential communicable diseases.
Status: Temporary, Part-time
Department: Emergency Department
Shift: Days, evenings, weekends
Salary: Minimum wage, plus an additional 14% in lieu of benefits and 4% vacation pay
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Customer service experience is an asset
- Experience working in a health care setting is an asset
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills as well as the ability to remain calm and effective while managing competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited direct supervision as well as collaboratively within a team
- Flexibility in working hours
- Excellent attendance record
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset