The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists.
The Helping Hands functions as a member of the health care team, assisting with the provision of assistance to patients and residents with non-personal hygiene and care related tasks. The Helping Hands adheres to all policies and procedures, and works within her/his scope of practice.
Status: Temporary, Casual
Shift: Days, evenings, nights, weekends
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) is required
Salary: $20.64 – $21.37 per hour (as per CUPE Collective Agreement)
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Health care experience an asset
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word)
- Up to date immunizations required, including COVID 19