The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The General Clerk provides reception services and clerical support to the Health Records department and works in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Status: Temporary, Part-time
Department: Health Records
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: $23.76 – $24.60 per hour (as per CUPE Collective Agreement)
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of Medical Terminology course
- Related experience an asset
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word)
- Ability to learn and operate Hospital specific software applications
- Knowledge of Meditech an asset
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited direct supervision as well as collaboratively within a team
- Ability to maintain discretion with confidential information