The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The E.C.G. Technician performs cardiac testing to assist the physician in the early diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiac disease. The E.C.G. Technician works in compliance with all Hospital policies and procedures.
Status: TEMPORARY, CASUAL
Department: DIAGNOSTIC AND THERAPEUTIC SERVICES
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: $27.09 – $27.92 per hour (as per CUPE Collective Agreement)
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Basic Electrocardiography course
- Basic 12 Lead Interpretation course
- Related experience an asset
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word)
- Ability to learn and operate Hospital specific software applications
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited direct supervision as well as collaboratively within a team
- Related health care experience an asset
- Up to date immunizations required, including COVID-19.