The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists.
The Dietary Clerk performs a variety of clerical duties for the Food Services Department and works in compliance with established health standards.
Status: Permanent, Full-Time
Department: Food Services
Shift: Days, evenings, weekends
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: $23.76 – $24.60 per hour as per CUPE Collective Agreement
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Food Handler Training Certificate a requirement
- Two (2) year College Diploma in Food Services & Nutrition Management or equivalent
- Member in good standing with the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM)
- Related experience an asset
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited direct supervision as well as collaboratively within a team
- Up to date immunizations required, including COVID-19