The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Dietary Aide/ Cook performs a variety of duties involving the preparation, production and delivery of meals to patients, residents, staff and visitors and works in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Status: PERMANENT, PART-TIME
Department: Food Services
Shift: Days, evenings, nights, weekends
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: Dietary Aide: $22.66 – $23.54 per hour (as per CUPE Collective Agreement Cook: $24.01 – $25.08 per hour (as per CUPE Collective Agreement)
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Food Service Worker Certificate an asset
- Food Handler Training Certificate a requirement
- As per the MOHLTC legislative requirements, a Cook must have chef training or a culinary management diploma a requirement
- Cook experience is a requirement
- Related experience an asset
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel & Word)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited direct supervision as well as collaboratively within a team