The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Manager reports to the Chief Financial Officer as well as the Laboratory Medical Director for medical/scientific matter. The manager is an integral part of our management team and is involved in the development of policies and procedures and will act as a liaison with physicians, staff, other departments and members of the general public. This managerial position is responsible for the results and activities of the Hospital’s Laboratory, Diagnostic Imaging, ECG and Rehabilitation Departments. This involves providing effective leadership and managing the day-to-day operation of these services.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary Range: As per management 5-step salary range, commensurate with qualifications and experience
This position offers an attractive benefit insurance plan, as well as membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario and/or College of Medical Radiation Technologist of Ontario
- A minimum six (6) years as a technologist in a medical laboratory and/or Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Management experience in an acute health care facility
- Knowledge and experience in the Hospital Accreditation process an asset
- Knowledge and experience with IQMH accreditation process an asset
- Experience managing in a unionized work environment
- Ability to effective manage various diverse portfolios
- Ability to organize workload demands and to establish priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively with all members of the health-care team
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective supervisory skills combined with exceptional problem solving and change management abilities
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and respectful manner
- Supports and promotes a culture of safety for staff and patients
- Proficient in the use of various computer software programs (Microsoft Suite)
- Excellent attendance record
- Bilingualism (French and English) an asset