The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
We are currently seeking a full-time Clinical Educator for the West Nipissing General Hospital. Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the Clinical Educator is responsible for the day-to-day activities and education of staff in accordance with established standards and legislation.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Salary Range: $76,708.09 – $92,093.82
This position offers an attractive benefit insurance plan, as well as membership in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Registered Nurse (RN) with a BScN degree
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- 2-5 years of nursing experience, preferably in a Hospital setting
- Certification in ACLS, ATLS, CPR or equivalent
- First Aid / CPR Instructor an asset
- Educator / Teaching experience an asset
- Demonstrated success in supervising and educating unionized employees
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Exceptional communication (both oral & written) and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to apply best practice principles
- Ability to organize workload demands and establish priorities
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and respectful manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with all members of the team and maintain strong and healthy relationships within the organization
- Excellent attendance record
- Bilingualism (French and English) an asset