The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Crisis Intervention Worker assists in the delivery of the Crisis Intervention Program through the provision of crisis services to the community. The Crisis Intervention Worker functions as a member of the Alliance Centre team and works in compliance with all policies and procedures.
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Diploma in Social Services or a related field
- Experience in providing crisis intervention services to individuals experiencing psychiatric and/or psychological difficulties
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work in collaboration with emergency services in the delivery of crisis intervention services
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team
- Computer proficiency is a requirement