Patient safety is now a national issue and is on the agenda of every healthcare facility in America, including West Nipissing General Hospital.
The October 2007 Canadian Health Services Accreditation Report outlines 104 key best practices, which West Nipissing General Hospital is committed to studying and implementing in order to promote the quality and safety of healthcare. health. Through initiatives to improve patient safety, the concept of patient safety will move from theory to practice in service delivery.
To date, West Nipissing General Hospital has undertaken the following patient safety initiatives:
- creating a safety culture that promotes error reporting, including system errors, using a non-accusatory approach;
- reporting of avoided incidents, adverse events and sentinel events;
- establishment of a disclosure policy regarding the reporting of errors to patients and families;
- drafting of a new report on drug improvement;
- potential incident reporting that emphasizes communication and error prevention;
- addition of a permanent item to the agenda for meetings of all departments, namely patient and staff safety;
- development and monitoring of performance and health care indicators;
- use of a workload measurement tool;
- adoption of the Safer Healthcare Now! »The Ontario Hospital Association (OHA), which encourages patient involvement in the delivery of safe health care;
- medication reconciliation;
- educating staff on patient safety;
- hand hygiene campaign;
- using research and best practices to assess and improve patient safety at West Nipissing General Hospital.
Improving patient safety requires a collaborative approach. This type of approach is favored by the West Nipissing General Hospital Board of Directors, the management team and all employees.
For more information please find the documents below:
Accountability of the parapublic sector:
Financial Responsibility Reports
Certificate of compliance in accordance with section 15 of the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act, 2010 (LRSP)
Hospital Parking Attestation
Article 7.18 – Compliance report – Remuneration arrangements
Compensation arrangements In accordance with section 7.18 of the Broader Public Sector Accountability Act, 2010. LO 2010, c. 25
Contract of President-Director General (available in English only)
Contract nurse Chief (Available in English only)
Chief Accountant of contract financial management (Available in English only)
chief physician contract (Available in English only)
Performance Management Program