The West Nipissing General Hospital was built in 1977 and boasts a clean, modern facility, with over 100 beds in operation at any given time. The Hospital operates a 24/7 Emergency Department serviced by General Practitioners, visiting Surgeons, Anesthetists, and Internists.
The West Nipissing General Hospital hosts regular cardiology, urology, nephrology, otolaryngology, endoscopy, surgical lumps & bumps and psychiatry clinics and consultation visits by specialists. There exists an excellent referral relationship between West Nipissing General Hospital and the Regional Health Centre in North Bay and Health Sciences North in Sudbury. The West Nipissing General Hospital is the sponsoring agency for a community Mental Health and Addictions Program. The program is located on-site with 2 visiting bilingual psychiatrists. Chapel services, volunteers, and a tuck shop assist in providing quality care and meeting the needs of the community.
The Transcriptionist provides transcription services to the Health Records Department ensuring quality documentation for patient records. The Transcriptionist works in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
Status: TEMPORARY, FULL-TIME
Department: HEALTH RECORDS
Shift: Days, evenings, nights, weekends
Language: Bilingualism (French & English) an asset
Salary: $26.31 – $27.22 per hour (as per CUPE Collective Agreement)
Education, Experience & Professional Registration:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) year college program – Medical Office Administration
- Related experience an asset
- Advanced computer proficiency is a requirement
- Superior keyboarding skills a requirement
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision and collaboratively within a team
- Up to date immunizations required, including COVID-19.